Who/What Is TrustMark?
TrustMark is a not-for-profit social enterprise established in 2005 in conjunction with Government, industry bodies and consumer protection groups. They continually re-invest in the scheme, working with Scheme Providers and Registered Businesses to improve consumer protection and standards across all sectors.
TrustMark takes pride in continually investing in the scheme, supporting Scheme Providers and Registered Businesses to improve consumer protection and standards across all sectors of work done in and around the home
When a consumer uses a TrustMark Registered Business, they are engaging an organisation vetted to meet required standards and has committed to improving customer service, technical competence, and trading practices.
TrustMark works with a network of Scheme Providers, such as ourselves, to ensure Registered Businesses adhere to and maintain these standards. To ensure a high quality of craft and trading practices. TrustMark runs a programme of desktop and on-site inspections.
In addition, if a problem does arise, TrustMark offers a range of remedies to give further protection to consumers.
Sterling Accreditation, work closely with TrustMark and our TrustMark Registered Businesses to improve work standards and help promote our accredited tradespeople to homeowners. By becoming TrustMark registered, businesses can demonstrate their ongoing commitment to customer service, high standards and continual improvement.
It’s not just another ‘Mark’. Through TrustMark, you have access to:
- TrustMark receives around 40,000 searches to their ‘Find A Tradesperson’ tool every month *Stats based on 2020-2021 search results.
- Becoming Trading Standards Approved, giving your customers even greater confidence in your ability and standards**
- All their partners and exclusive offers for your business
- Government Schemes only available to TrustMark Registered Businesses such as ECO, Sustainable Warmth and Warm Home Discount Scheme
- Financial Protection with their low-cost Escrow service. Protecting you when entering a contract with a consumer
- Offer payment options for your customers
- TrustMark covers over 150 different service types across the entire UK
**Becoming Trading Standards Approved is a common-sense Government initiative to cut red tape and support economic growth through better local regulation. It is one of the most effective ways for local regulators to improve protection and support their business communities.
You know you’re a quality tradesperson but with TrustMark Trading Standards Approved you can make it official.
Rising consumer expectations mean they are seeking higher levels of service and looking for better quality craft. Tradespeople need to ensure that they retain an informed position and meet these changes head-on, delivering better standards of work, customer service and positively changing the face of their industries. This all works towards a future when consumers have confidence in the tradespeople they employ and see that 'rogue' traders are the exception, not the rule.
Becoming Trading Standards Approved with TrustMark is an investment that tells potential customers that not only do you comply with our Government Endorsed Quality but you fully understand fair trading practices and consumer protection is an integral part of how you operate.
- TrustMark Framework Operating Requirements
- Code of Conduct
- Customer Charter